Did you miss the deadline for health coverage? There are options for you, depending on your eligibility:
- Low Income persons can enroll anytime under the expanded Illinois Medicaid Program. (Less than $1348 per month for an individual, more for multiple person households)
- Private insurance will be available for all to purchase at the next open enrollment period which is November 15, 2014 – February 15, 2015.
- Experiencing a life change qualify for a special enrollment period. Marriage, divorce, losing a job, moving to a new area, having a child or losing other health coverage are life changes that qualify you to enroll within a 60 day period from the time of this life change.
Metropolitan Family Services Calumet staff if here to help! Stop by the office at 235 East 103rd Street, Chicago, IL 60628 for assistance on the following dates through June 30, 2014:
- Tuesdays: 9:00 AM – Noon
- Wednesdays: 2:00 PM – 8:00PM
You can also call 773-371-3642 or email email@example.com for assistance or questions.
You started the process, but didn’t complete enrollment – you still have time to enroll! Now until April 15th, uninsured Illinois residents who tried to apply for coverage, but were unable to complete it for reasons beyond their control can complete the enrollment process. Whether you ran into issues applying online, on the phone, or with in-person assistance during the Marketplace Open Enrollment period that prevented you from meeting the March 31st enrollment deadline, you have until April 15th to enroll for health coverage. Make finishing enrollment a priority and complete the process as soon as possible.
All Get Covered Illinois resources available before March 31st are still
available – online, by telephone and in-person to help uninsured residents get covered. Metropolitan Family Services Calumet staff is here to help! Staff will be available:
- Monday, April 14th: 9:00AM – 5:00PM
- Tuesday, April 15th: 9:00AM – 8:00PM
Metropolitan Family Services Calumet
235 East 103rd Street, Chicago, IL 60628
Call 773-371-3642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or questions.
Not sure if this applies to you? Residents can visit the GetCoveredIllinois.gov website to see if they qualify for the extra time to complete their applications.